How Can You Be Involved in Reconciliation?
As individuals we can learn about the Residential School system by reading or listening to Survivors' stories. We can combat colonization by educating ourselves and commiting to learn more. Reconciliation is about relationship building and building understanding.
Some ways you can start learning about reconciliation include:
- An Indigenous-led non-profit organization will allow someone to understand the issues Indigenous People face on a daily basis
- Support an emerging Indigenous artist
- Attending a cultural event respectfully as a settler
- Listen to an Indigenous-led podcast about issues that interests you
- Engage in Indigenous tourism to change your perspective on Indigenous history regarding culture, language, and community